Thursday, June 17, 2010

Waltzingmouse June Customer Blog Waltz!


Welcome to the June Waltzingmouse customer blog waltz! Instead of hopping from blog to blog, we WMS fans waltz our way through! This month's theme is masculine cards.  I have also entered this in the brand new Waltzingmouse Sketch Blog competition for their second week's sketch! Have you visited this brand new WMS sketch blog? Sketches are card layouts, and everyone makes a card from the same layout and submits them. WMS stamps are not required for their new sketch blog challenges, but you get a bit extra if you win and have used Waltzingmouse stamps.  Last, I am submitting this card for Stamping Sisters in Christ Challenge #43, to create a masculine card.

Photobucket

Nothing says masculine to me like chrome diamond plate! I taped a piece of aluminum HVAC tape to a piece of cardstock, burnishing it down smooth. Then I ran the aluminum covered cardstock through my Cuttlebug in the diamond plate embossing folder. Doesn't it look real? I love it, but it was very difficult to photograph, hence all the angled photos! The background was created with several of Waltzingmouse's plaid building stamps in various widths, stamped on a light taupe card stock. I used nice manly shades of brown, olive, tan, and rust. Not a bright or pastel anywhere! The diamond plate was adhered to the plaid panel after the plaid had been sponged round the edges with Walnut Stain.

The center medallion started with a Label Three die cut, sponged with Walnut while still in the die. It was fastened to the plaid panel with antiqued copper brads. Then I stamped the grid background stamp in tan on light taupe card stock, sponged it with Corduroy and Peeled Paint along the very edge, grunging it up a good bit! Last, I cut one of the Ribbon Tag Trio from ivory card stock, sponging it with Peeled Paint while still in the die, edging it with Walnut Stain, and stamped in Copper with the sentiment.

I attached the screw head brads and the buttons tied with jute string to the grid circle, which I mounted with pop-dots to the label. Then I threaded twine and jute string through the ribbon tag, and attached it at an angle to the circle with a pop-dot. I fanned out the ends of the string for fun and to emphasize the angle!

Photobucket

When I made the background plaid, I had some strips I trimmed away. I attached one of the strips to the inside right margin of the card to carry the theme inside!

To see more of the Blog Waltz entries, go to the Waltzingmouse House Forum, where the links list thread will open at 10 a.m. Eastern time!  You need to go through a one-time simple free registration with no awkward questions, then you can see everyone's links to their projects. Please join us, it is so much fun!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Off Beat Backgrounds, Pic-Nic Patterns, Fancy Phrases.
Paper: Georgia Pacific - light taupe card stock; Stampin' Up! - Really Rust card stock.
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink - Walnut Stain, Corduroy, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw; Memento - Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves; Palette - Haystack; Marvy Matchables - Copper.
Embellishments: Jute string; hemp twine; The Paper Studio - buttons, antique copper mini-brads; Karen Foster - screw head brads.
Tools: Spellbinders - Labels Three, Ribbon Tag Trio; EK Success - 2¾ inch circle punch; Cuttlebug - Diamond Plate embossing folder.
   

31 comments:

  1. Great masculine card, love all the detail, the tag, the jute string, the brads, buttons and alu diamond pattern! Loovely colours too. Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the plaid and that coolest ever metal strip, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stamped plaid Lynn - and that great cuttled silver panel - a super masculine card! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch as well as the blog waltz!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! Lots of masculine elements on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So original!! Love your alu diamond pattern ! Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the metal effect and the screws - gives a wonderful male touch. Also the plaid in the back is just wonderful! I should use mine more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your metal detail!!! And the colors you used are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I literally said that out loud when I saw this! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You've got lots of great "manly" details that all work so well together on this card. Great color scheme too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic...love all the "heavy metal" look and it much such a wonderful masculine card. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice creation. Nice use of Claire's sketch too! And I love how you used the diamond plate embossing folder with the screw brads. :)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes - this is wonderful ! Love that Cuttlebug folder and what a wonderful way to use it! Thanks for playing in the WMS sketch this week too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! I love the metallic elements you added and the colors are perfect! My hubby was crushed when I told him someone had already invented the diamond plate embossing folder, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing, love the plaid background - yay, I have that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is so fabulously creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow--that's great! We had the same idea--to use those screw brads.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cracking card Lynne, the details are all perfect!! the diamonfdp late is excellent BUT the plaid OHHHH the plaid!!! it is FAB! Thanks for waltzing with us Lynne!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like your idea of covering some cardstock with aluminum to get that effect! YAY! Your plaid is awesome too! Love the colors as well. Is there anything I don't like...nope! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun card! The embossed metal looks great & I love how you used brads that looked like screws!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Lynne! The plaid bg is just fab and love your used of the aluminum!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow you could have fooled me with that iron plate. I thought it was the real stuff. all this talk about plaid is giving me plaid fever. I think i need to go place an order now...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is cool. I love the pairing of the orange plaid with the metal diamond plate. Cool twine treatment with the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great use of texture - that is such a great idea. I've never seen that kind of diamond-patterned metal used in a card. You did it with panache.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is WAY cool! Thanks for explaining how you made the steel plate - you're right about it being VERY manly! (deep voice)
    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Plaid is fab. I love how you combined both WMS challenges. I am definitely going to try the tape. There is some in the garage right now that I can pull off the AC duct work!! Just kidding!!!! It's on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so wonderful! Glad to be your 25th follower : ) Please come by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Lynne - what a fabulous masculine card! I love the plaid and the Nestie you have used - perfect! I love the embossed panel, the screw brads and the buttons - great embellishing Lynne - I am loving this! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fantastic interpretation of the sketch challenge, Lynne ... and totally masculine too! The plaid looks wonderful ... and the faux metal strip doesn't look faux! Really great card ... you are soooo clever!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Lynn! This is a fab male card.... I love the way you've tied on the label and that cuttlebuged strip behind. Colours fab too and those screw brads are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Lynne, thanks for visiting my blog! The background paper on my Father's Day card is from an old French Dictionary and I love all that old vintage stuff! I love the plaid on your card and I especially love that metal strip down the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is an awesome card. Great male colors. Love the embossed duct tape. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails