Monday, October 11, 2010

Please VOTE for my Creeptacular Witch!!!

Photobucket
Click to enlarge

Edited to add: This month, you get one vote when you vote for your top pick, not three! Thanks!
I am entering the Amber INK INKredible Challenge, squeaking in just under the deadline! The theme this month is Trick or Treaty, Amber Inky, and my Creeptacular Witch is ready for the big day!  And YOU can help! Please go to the Amber INK challenge blog and VOTE for your favorite, and of course I am hoping that my witch will your top pick! Voting opens tomorrow, Tuesday October 12 and ends on October 14. The winners will be announced on the 20th!

I was totally inspired by this super cool Polka Dot Spider iPaper from Amber INK. Aren't those spiders fun? It was a black and white print until I sponged it with purple, green and orange. I loved the idea that I could make this paper any color I wanted! After sponging, I dotted the shine in their eyes with a white gel pen. I created my own large version of the spider with a ¾ inch circle punch and some twine I colored black. I drew in the eyes with a white gel pen and then added a clear dome of dimensional glue.  In retrospect this would have been a good time to whip out the googly eyes, but you know I don't use them very often and I'd have to find them first, LOL!!!

Then I turned to my favorite Amber INK set of digi stamps: Rainy Day! She is so much fun to color! I drew in some lines to turn her umbrella into a huge spider web, with one creepy spider dangling from the edge, whick I positioned so that they are looking at each other! I also drew in a witch's hat, and arched "Hope your Halloween is" text over the top of the umbrella.  Then I tucked the Happy Pumpkin in at her feet. Is this pumpkin cute or what? I got it while it was a freebie on the Amber INKlings blog, and it will be available for sale Oct. 20th, 2010. You can see her without all these additions on this card.

Photobucket

Next I cut out the "Creeptacular" word I had printed. I colored the strip eggshell with parchment edges and rolled the ends tightly, trying to make it like a little scroll that might have had a spell written on it! I cut out the witch with a fingertip craft knife - love the control this gives - and mounted it with dimensional foam tape on some mega-oval nestabilities. I adhered a strip of insanely bright orange ribbon around the card front - the ends meet under the witch panel.  The ribbon really IS that bright!!!  I tied a little piece of fine twine around the ribbon, knotting it where I intended to stick the center of the bow, pinching the ribbon as it would be if it was actually tied into a bow. Then I made the bow and stuck it on with glue dots. I mounted the witch panel, scroll, and creepy spider with dimensional foam tape and it was done!

So remember to vote! I know I probably won't be lucky enough to win the grand prize again, but if I do, I have plans!!! The winner gets a digi stamp set they design with Amber! I won last month and it is SO MUCH FUN! You can see the process on my posts here and here, and also on the developments page on the challenge blog! My new set, called Let's Communicate, will be unveiled on Oct. 20th and I can't wait for you to see it!  The second and third place winners also get goodies - I think they win a gift certificate to Amber's shop. That would be fab too because I've gotta tell you, I have this LIST!

Please think about entering next month's challenge, which starts Oct. 20th. You have to use at least one Amber INK item, but as long as you have that, you CAN use other stamps.  iPaper would be a GREAT way to start, it is only $1 and there are so many great designs! I love all the fall plaids and the cute gingham released last month.

In addition to the Amber INK challenge, I have also entered this in
Please VOTE for for your top pick on the Amber INK INKredible Challenge Blog during the voting period, Oct. 12-14. Thanks for your support!!!  And please leave me a comment to let me know how you like my witch, or that you voted!  THANKS!

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow Lynne what an amazing card.
    So wonderful stamps and the colors glow. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing Lynne - i love that sponged background and the spider lol
    You could enter ths into my spooky challenge at By the cute and girly too
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting my vote for sure!!!! This is sooo fantastic :) Big loving of the Amber witch...You are just over the top creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You card is very well done. It seems to glow. Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle Saturdays.

    Scrappin' Hugs,
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic image--love it and the details on your card! Thanks for joining us at the Copic Creations Challenge Blog!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun card!! Love what you did with the background. Thanks for playing along with SSDS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne, your card looks spectacular. Your coloring is amazing. I will be going to vote right now.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynne!! Finally, I've had a chance to visit! And, wow, I am not disapppointed! Your card is simply stunning! Your coloring is out of this world gorgeous. And, all the amazing details you've added. Perfect card. I'm off to vote right away! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations again! Thank you. hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. How well done. I recognized the image and had to click on it just to make sure it was as I remembered. Did you ever do a fabulous job recreating the image to suit Halloween. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice card! Very creative. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW!! This is AWESOME!! did I ever tell you that I think you are so clever and VERY talented?? LOVE your work!!
    Sammi

    PS> Thanks for joining in our Mad for Markers challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your art, those stamps are awesome, where did you get them, I want them, you have coloured them in beautiful, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning spooky card, love the glow effect and gorgeous image. Thanks for joining us this month over on BTC&G. nnalorac.xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails