I was absolutely thrilled when Tracy Evans of Crafty Addicts blog nominated me for this Beautiful Blogger Award! Thank you so much Tracy, you are such a talented crafter and I am so honored that you included me in your list of people who inspire you! Be sure to visit her blog - she goes beyond cards and well into multi-media projects, which is a direction I would like to head myself!
The terms of the award are:
- That I thank and link to the person who gave it to me (check!)
- Tell you ten things about myself
- Pass it on to ten bloggers who inspire me, and leave a comment on their blogs to let them know!
Ten things about me:
- My father was already an officer in the Navy when I was born, so I don't have a hometown. Hometown for me is wherever Dad lives! He's my hero!
- I don't have any children of my own, but my BFF sister took care of that for me when she had four, whom I love dearly! Way to go, Janet! She's an awesome mom of amazing kids! No bias here at all! ;-)
- I lived in northern Italy all during high school. We lived on the Italian Riviera, in a wonderful villa on a cliff over the ocean. I attended boarding school in Vicenza, which was 45 minutes west of Venezia (Venice!) It was WONDERFUL!
- I like to knit, but not sweaters. I like to make lace shawls, hats, fingerless mitts. Basically, I knit things that are not in danger of turning out the wrong size!!!
- I don't watch TV (except the Olympics)! Ok, so I watch every two years, LOL! No moral opinions, I just don't! I do watch DVD movies occasionally, but usually I'm listening to a book!
- I am an avid reader, and own well over two thousand books. Moving all the time as a child meant books became friends that I didn't have to leave behind. I also re-read favorites, some even yearly! I have recently grown addicted to audio books, so I can stamp and read at the same time. Books are movies that you get to cast and direct, all in your own head!
- I am afraid of boredom. I have a large purse (tote bag actually) so I am never without something to do or amuse, should I be trapped in a waiting room, traffic jam, long car trip, whatever! Be prepared, that's my motto!!
- I am happy in my own company. Being alone does not have to mean lonely. Plus it's a great time to stamp!
- I am a terrible housekeeper. If I'm not working I'd rather stamp!
- I am so grateful to have found this amazing world of stamping bloggers! The LSS in the nearest city closed, and this blogging world has filled a huge hole in my creative life. If you are reading this, I am talking about YOU - THANKS!
Ten blogs that inspire me, in no particular order:
- Hels Sheridan - Ink on My Fingers
Her mix of metal tooling, stamping and collage/assemblage is fab!
- Michelle Zindorf - Freedom in Creating
What this woman can do with ink is amazing!
- Lynn Stevens - Trash to Treasure Art
ATCs, assemblage, collage, artsy jewelry, and oh yeah - cards!
- Heather Pulvirenti - Witty Title Here
Clean and simple and a genius with ribbon!
- Beate Johns - fresh & fun
The soul of Splitcoast and a fellow technique junky who loves to share!
- Mary B. Giemza - My Cardz~My Passion~My Therapy
I so admire her Copic coloring, especially that unique drop shadow outline!
- Dawn McVey - These Are a Few of My Favorite Things
The girl's got her own unique style goin' on and I love it!
- Melissa Phillps - Lily Bean Paperie
The queen of shabby chic. I'm not that good at it but I can admire it!
- Becca Feeken - Amazing Paper Grace
Ribbon, pearls, nesties and elegance!
- Jak Heath - Jak Heath
A wide range of styles, all well done, and lovely digi freebies!
Thanks again Tracy, I'll never forget receiving my first blog award!