Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge with Labels: Yellow, Coral & Brown

Embellish Challenge
Waltzingmouse Stamps is sponsoring the current Embellish Magazine color challenge. We are to use yellow, coral, and brown, and include labels.  I love all the Spellbinders label shaped dies, so it was easy to reach for one of my favorites, Labels Four, and the corresponding stamp set from Waltzingmouse.

Photobucket

I started with a pale yellow card base, sponged round the edges with Distress Ink in Scattered Straw. Next, I took a flowered Spellbinders Impressibility and brayered it with white pigment ink. I empressed the inked stencil into a piece of brown card stock with my Cuttlebug.  I need to work on this; it was my first time using an impressibility and the impression was not as deep as I would have liked on this 80 pound card stock. I think a lighter weight card stock would have made a better impression.  I wish the letterpress effect showed better in the photo!

Then I stamped the dotted border and fun triangular tag-end stamps on coral card stock, and cut it and embossed with with the Label Four Nestability. I used a Copic Sketch marker to add a gold edge to pale gold satin ribbon. I punched holes in the label and ran the ribbon through, then attached the coral label with dimensional pop-dots.  I cut and embossed the pale yellow with a Fancy Tag die, and sponged it with Scattered Straw while it was still in the die.  On this, I stamped the frame and Bonjour.  This is actually attached at both ends to the brown card base, and then arches up and over the coral label. From the top view it curves out quite a bit. Buttons were added with mini glue dots.

One person will win their choice of a Waltzingmouse stamp set! You know I'll do anything for a WMS stamp set, they are my favorites and my wish list is a mile long, LOL! Be sure to check back on the 17th for their monthly customer blog hop.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Vintage Labels Four, Fancy Phrases.
Paper: Stampin' Up! - brown and coral 80 lb. card stock; Unknown - pale yellow card stock.
Ink: Palette - Burnt Umber (brown hybrid); Color Box - Frost White (pigment); Ranger Distress - Scattered Straw; Copic Sketch Marker Y26.
Embellishments: The Paper Studio - buttons; Double-faced Satin Ribbon (Hobby Lobby).
Tools: Spellbinders - Labels Four Nestability die, Fancy Tags Shapability die, Flowers Impressibility stencil; We R Memory Keepers - Corner Chomper; Standard hole punch.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lynne, love the labels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, love all the label details! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the double tag shoulders! We have been discussing using the tag shoulders on the WMS forum, and I am always on the lookout for inspiration. This is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails