Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Say Hello to My New Stamp Set: More to Love - Let's Communicate!!!!

As you may remember, I WON the September Amber INK INKredible 21 Day Challenge and the grand prize was Amber designed my dream stamp set! So without further ado, welcome More to Love - Let's Communicate!!!

Click to enlarge

Isn't she fabuous!  I told Amber I wanted a full-figured, hip, sassy, fashionable Amber woman (NOT a skinny Amber Girl!) talking on the phone, with all kinds of sentiments for any occasion, and I wanted to call it "Let's Communicate!"  Well Amber did such a fantastic job and she liked the idea of more full-figured sets, so she is calling the series "More to Love!"  I wanted jeans, and just LOOK at that fantastic jeans detailing!! I wanted simple shapes on the purse and clothes so they would be perfect for coloring and paper piecing and LOOK at how great it turned out! I wanted chunky heeled boots because they are a lot of fun to color and so much easier to cut out than the original stiletto open toed pumps (and now with one curved line on each foot I can still have pumps, but that's our secret!) and look at those GREAT boots!  I am SO HAPPY!  The digi set is only $7 and includes this fabulous lady and  a great batch of sentiments and two sizes of empty speech bubbles, so you could easily add your own words!!!

As a bonus in the digi set, the sentiments come both solo and combined with the bubble. >>
I even got to decide on what sentiments include, so I came up with a list sure to work for almost any occasion:
  • Coffee?
  • Howdy!
  • You rock!
  • Shopping?
  • You need anything?
  • I'll be there!
  • Happy Birthday!
  • Let's get together
  • Thanks, you're the best!
  • I've been thinkin' about you!

Now I mentioned paper piecing, and that is not so much fun with digi sets. Not all of Amber INK stamps are available in clear stamps but guess what? YES! More to Love - Let's Communicate is also available in a CLEAR SET for $14!!!!  Yippeeeee!!!
So please go buy this set in either digi or clear right now! I want this set to be a HUGE success for Amber INK, because it is my concept (brought to life by Amber's amazing talent!), and also because I have a plan! I have more ideas for some GREAT stamp sets, so I am going to try to win another challenge so I can do this again!

Let's take a closer look:

Click to enlarge

I colored the girl and the speech bubble with Copic markers and cut them out. It does not show in the photo, but they are popped up high on dimensional foam tape. Kraft card base sponged with Distress Ink in Marmalade around the edges, a piece of dictionary page rimmed with light brown Copic markers, and a bright orange and white striped grosgrain ribbon that I colored with yellow and pink Copics to better match my project. I stitched the ribbon to a strip of card stock and adhered it to the base - it is a LOT easier to adhere the card stock securely than to get the ribbon to stick with normal adhesives. Buttons were colored with Copics to match her jeans, threaded with twine, and stuck on with glue dots! 

You should enter the new challenge also, it is so much fun! I did not win the grand prize for the October Challenge, but my Creeptacular Witch won a prize for the Top Three, so I received a $15 gift certificate to the Amber INK store, how fab is that?

This month's challenge is to make a RAK for someone you don't know (random act of kindness) OR an AK for someone you DO know (act of kindness), use at least one Amber INK product, and tell about who the RAK or AK is for or why you are sending it!  FUN!

So this card is my first AK entry. You can enter more than once, but you can't win more than one prize. It is an Act of Kindness for a friend who has been having a rough time with her health - shingles topped by bursitis, OUCH, and yet she remains unfailingly cheerful and generous with her time and resources. I appreciate the effort she goes to in having get togethers for our little stamping group!

I have entered this card in the following challenges:
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about my new set and/or my card! Would you like to see more sets in a "More to Love" line by Amber? Let me know!

32 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh Lynne! I could hardly contain myself to see how the Lady of the Day would color her own set! This is incredible!!! It far surpasses what I could have imagined! What fun this has been! I know you'll be bac! PS...there's a new challenge you know...LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's a Great set Lynne! Congrats to you for the ideas and to Amber for making them come to life! LOVE your card it looks AWESOME!!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one Awesome set, brilliant idea behind it, and Amber has done a wonderful job of bringing your idea to life, She's one talented lady.
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an awesome set und so wonderful idea.
    Your card is inspirtaion again. So wonderful and your coloring rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee Skipeee! It sounds like you almost had as much fun as i did ;) Loooooove what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your own designed set of stamps, a wonderful idea and you have made them come to life in your very creative card which is coloured so wonderfully as usual. Well done Lynne, hope you get to design lots more. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS JOB! I love how you & Amber combined for such a fabulous set =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fantastic Lynn! Love how you've colored her outfit!!! So hip and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited to see the set that you and Amber created!!! LOVE how you colored her in! I just keep looking at all the details and highlights trying to learn from it. Wish I lived closer because I'd sign up for a copic class taught by you in a heartbeat. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Super fantastic job! I love her, so many of us can relate to her. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful set Lynne! You thought of all the things we stampers love in an image and set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh awesome is that? I love the set you came up with and of course your wonderful coloring and card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! She def. needs glasses :) Good for you for not requesting a stick figure-it's about time! :D Very cute and I LOVE that ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome set you have designed Lynne! It's nice to see a plumper image for those of us with more to love! LOVE it!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. shut.up. I think that girl is me!!!!!!!! I freakin' love this stamp set as a more to love girl myself. It is incredible and I can't wait to see more in the line. Have to owns me thinks. Well done friend and so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! I know who the friend is and she will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love this idea, that it's full figured but not overly so. You had a great concept girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GREAT stamp set!!!! I love the sayings... now where can I buy those shoes and that jacket???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guess we both had polka dots on the brain when we colored her up Lynne!LOL! Love this set you thought up! I think its wonderful and you colored her so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Lynne, you must've been so excited to ink up your idea-brought-to-life! Your colouring is just out of this world. I love all the detail and highlighting. Thank you for giving all of Amber Ink's fans this wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is Awesome Lynne! Love what you have done with her and your coloring is AMAZING! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your set looks fabulous and you have showcased the image perfectly. Wonderful colouring . Fab ribbon
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this gal Lynne!! She was so much fun to create with and all the sentiments are fantastic! Your card is gorgeous and she is styling with her paper pieced jacket. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous card. I'm just loving your card. That ribbon is great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab stamp set, and a fab card!

    Thanks for joining us over at PTD, and good luck!

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Lynne your copic pen work is brilliant, I have some my self and I do try, but it all seems to run into each other, if I get the courage I may post some pics when I produce any thing worthy, x great stamps

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on being the winner of the grand prize. Right off I noticed the hippier style gal, and when I read your post, it explained why. Good for you. Awesome set and wonderful card. You have such a way with ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for joining our 'free for all' @ PTD this week. Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats,girl friend...Lynne. She is simply gorgeous,just like you. You have such creativity in that head of yours. I'm always awestruck by your pieces.
    luv you muchly...Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow love your custom designed freebie - it's just fab! Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Cardmakers this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous. Lucky you getting a custom design. She is coloured in so beautifully too.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. She is everything you said she would be. I love this set. Great design! An amazing job coloring! You never fail to please. Wonderful card.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails