Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waltzingmouse St. Paddy's Day Blog Hop

What could be more natural than an Irish stamp company sponsoring a St. Patrick's Day blog hop!  The blog roll is in a thread on the Waltzingmousehouse Forum - why don't you register so you can join us in hopping along? The forum thread will open in the "Play Room" around 3 p.m. today. If you don't see it, just check back. Remember to comment along the way!

Photobucket - St. Patrick's Day Waltzingmouse Card
For my card, I used one of Claire's free digi stamps - the bunch of clover. Have you seen the other free images included in the zip? Gorgeous! Other, traditional stamps I used include the sentiment and four-leaf clover stamp from the Waltzingmouse Celtic Heritage set, and tiny shamrock and inside sentiment from the Irish Blessings set.  The sets have so many wonderful images, like the Irish Cottage I used on another St. Patrick's Day card!

I printed the bunch of clover on color laser paper and colored it with Copics. Cardstock that allows Copics to blend well can be very expensive. A tip from the queen of Copics on the "I Like Markers" blog is to use color laser printer paper! It is trimmed with a label four nestie (Spellbinders).

I stamped the Celtic four-leaf clover with green ink (Bamboo Leaves - Memento), trimmed it with a label one nestie (Spellbinders) and colored the background and edges with Copics. It is adhered with a thick dimensional pop dot.

The sentiment and tiny clover was stamped with green on the base cardstock (Stampin' Up!). The striped paper is from the Sea Glass collection (K & Company).

Photobucket - St. Patrick's Day Clover Card - Inside

Inside I stamped the same large celtic four-leaf clover and a shamrock blessing in green (Bamboo Leaves - Memento). I had a sliver of the striped paper trimmed from the front and it made a nice dash of pattern on the inside of the card! Love tying the front and insde together with repeating design elements.

I hope you enjoyed this step in the blog hop, and would love it if you would leave a comment! Hearing from you is what makes blogging fun! Thanks for looking, and happy St. Patrick's Day!

36 comments:

  1. I am blown away with how gorgeous your card is....awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner Lynne! the colouring looks nearly luminous!! Beautifully done! So delicate and pretty! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the colors you used and your coloring of the digi image is wonderful! Pretty DP and shiny ribbon! thanks for blog hopping with us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to our hop!! Beautiful job! Gorgeous soft colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card inside & out! The soft blue background looks great as well as all your coloring! See you on the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is amazing! Love your use of the nesties too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, great colors & your coloring is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card. The coloring is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the soft color scheme of this and the coloring on your shamrocks. Very pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours you have chosen give your card such a soft and delicate look. The inside looks equally good! Happy St Patrick's Day and happy hopping! Angela (aka Dolly Mixtures)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautifully done. great tip about the paper for copics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is truly gorgeous! Awesome coloring of the shamrocks,they look very real! And the yummy bow is beautiful!! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great design, beautiful coloring, and gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lynne,
    You left a comment on my blog earlier and asked what kind of printer I have. I have two, they are both HP printers, one is a Photo Smart and the other a Deskjet. The papers I printed for the blog hop project are from the Photo Smart printer. I use which ever one has the most ink actually and they both work great! Thanks for commenting on my blog, this WMS hop is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pattern paper and coloring are great. I love them.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely creation!! Your coloring is just exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely! Love the coloring -- it looks so awesome! And what fun use of the nesties! And you even decorated the inside! You Go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful - love the coloring and the tip! Always on the look out for a way to be more cost effective :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all of the greens in your card, and I like how you included a strip on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me too, the card is fab! Particularly like the way you've done the inside - so simple and yet very effective...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marvelous card!! What gorgeous colors you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh your coloring is beautiful on this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is stunning! Absolutely lovely! Your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW, this is breathtakingly gorgeous!!! LOVE it & thanks for the laser paper Copic tip that I'd not seen on Marianne' blog!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Holy Shamrock...what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty card and I love how you colored your shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card, love the soft colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card! I love the way you sponged/colored the area around the shamrock bouquet. It really makes that image pop!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous -- I love that you decorated the inside as well!! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lovely card! You colored them so beautifully and all the Irish elements are just wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a Gorgeous St. Pattys day card.Beautiful coloring as well! You put me to shame. I didn't manage to get any done this year. ;0(

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Girl!! It was so great meeting you last weekend in Perry. I must say I'm still wore out frm all the excitement:)
    I love the way you colored this what a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The colour laser engine is a neat, compact design. Fold down the front panel and pull out the tray to access the four cartridges which each include both drum and toner. The starter cartridges supplied with the printer possess capacities of 750 pages each, so you will need to acquire replacements promptly if you're use is anything besides light printing.

    Dry Erase prints

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails