Sunday, March 14, 2010

Going Green - Recycled Gift Container

The Friday challenge #009 on Just Rite's blog is to go green for St. Paddy's Day - green as in recycling! My niece's birthday is coming up, and she is a wonderful singer who just won the solo Literary competition in her school's region! Yes, I am SO PROUD of her, does it show?  I recycled a sugar-free drink mix package into a music-themed gift container. Now I just need to find the right goodies to tuck inside!

I used my Just Rite Horizontal Stamper and the uppercase and lowercase Times New Roman fonts to spell her name. I stamped it on color laser copy paper by inking the stamp first with Versamark and then with black (Marvy Matchable) and heat embossing it (Clear Detail Powder - Ranger). Then I sponged it with greens and blues (Marvy Matchables).

I really LOVE being able to spell my own messages with Just Rite fonts - after all, good luck finding a stamp that spelled Rebekah (or Lynne) the right way. Now, I can make my own sentiments and name stamps!

I wrapped the tube with blue and green striped paper (Sea Glass - K & Company) and adhered a musical score ribbon around it. I adhered a scalloped circle of the same paper to the lid, and stuck on an olive green organza bow. I made the bow with four loops on each side and fanned them out to make a circle, cutting off the tails even with the edge of the lid.

I made a double looped bow from the musical ribbon and stuck it on with Glue Dots. I added in the green tails I cut from the bow on the lid - more recycling!

Then I stamped more musical symbols (Stampabilities) and a vintage-style music image (Musical Manuscript - Stampin' Up!), sponged with blues and greens, cut them out and adhered them around the sides of the containger.



I think she'll really like whatever comes in this musical packaging!  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Oo, what's not to LOVE? What a delightful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece is gonna love this...What perfect ribbon! There is nothing better than receiving a personalized gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece is going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne this is so pretty, I love how you used the font set and that ribbon is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails