Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peaceful Irish Cottage - Shamrock Blessings to you!

I love this serene image of an Irish cottage by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I was looking for a peaceful scene and I think this really captures that feeling. The shamrock has three leaves, so it is associated with the Holy Trinity, and I have a shamrock blessing for all of you inside!  All stamps used are from the Irish Blessings set, except the large shamrock inside which is from the Celtic Heritage set.

Photobucket - Peaceful Irish Cottage Card

I stamped the scene in brown (Rich Cocoa - Memento) on Cream (110 lb. - Flourishes) and colored it with Copics - the cardstock was a dream for blending and coloring! I trimmed and embossed it with a Petite Oval Nestie (Spellbinders) and colored the edge with a brown Copic marker. This was backed by a pink scalloped layer.

The olive background (Stampin' Up!) was stamped with shamrocks (Bamboo Leaves - Memento) and the edge was scalloped with a border punch (Apron Lace - Fiskars) then wrapped with a pink and brown ribbon.  To extend the cardfront back to full size after punching the edge of it away, I backed it with cream cardstock tinted with pale yellow Copics.

Photobucket - Irish Cottage Card Inside

I wanted the cream cardstock to be decorative on the inside as well as the outside, so I scalloped the inside edge. It is always nice to repeat elements from the card front on the inside! I stamped the large Celtic shamrock in green and the shamrock blessing in brown.

This card is my submission for several challenges:

First, it is for Stamping Sisters In Christ Challenge #30:
SCRIPTURE
Psalm 29:11 "The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace."



CHALLENGE
Make a card/layout/project using a peaceful image or a verse about peace.
I think my peaceful Irish cottage and shamrock blessing fit this challenge perfectly!

Second, it is for the Waltzingmouse color challenge on Stamping Around, which was to use a neutral like white or kraft, plus pale green, sugar pink, and pale yellow. I came as close as I could with the green!


Third, it is for the Our Creative Corner Color Challenge by Silke Ledlow, who I had the good fortune to meet in the Flourishes booth at the show this weekend in Perry, Georgia! The color challenge was to use brown, pink, green, and yellow.

Fourth, it is for the Stamp Simply #130 Color Challenge - Pink and Green with added Brown!  I really lucked out that so many challenges were on the same color palette!

I hope you have enjoyed my peaceful Irish cottage card and I wish you lots of shamrock blessings!  Please leave a comment - that is what makes it all worthwhile!

10 comments:

  1. I DID enjoy your peaceful Irish cottage and and I love the blessing on the inside! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne...so cool that you are playing the color combo with us!!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL inside and out!!! Love this Waltzingmouse image!!!

    Thank you so much for playing!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful!! The sky behind your cottage is so pretty and peaceful! Great job - thanks for playing our challenge on Stamping Around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool....the sky is amazing! Thanks for sharing your card with us at SSCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card and your coloring are amazing! Great use of the colors on the little cottage for such a peaceful scene. Everything flows beautifully with every detail. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing!
    Thank you for playing along with us at SSCC!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL...perfect colors for this wonderful scene!! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! Such a lovely, peaceful scene.

    Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Stamp Simply color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! Love what you did with the inside - looks wonderful! Thanks for playing the Stamp Simply challenge : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! You did a great job on the color challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails