Saturday, August 7, 2010

Oh, Alice! CHAPTER 25: White Rabbit, White Gloves, White Wonderland...

"After a time she heard a little pattering of feet in the distance, and she hastily dried her eyes to see what was coming. It was the White Rabbit returning, splendidly dressed, with a pair of white kid gloves in one hand and a large fan in the other: he came trotting along in a great hurry, muttering to himself as he came, `Oh! the Duchess, the Duchess! Oh! won't she be savage if I've kept her waiting!'
Alice felt so desperate that she was ready to ask help of any one; so, when the Rabbit came near her, she began, in a low, timid voice, `If you please, sir--' The Rabbit started violently, dropped the white kid gloves and the fan, and skurried away into the darkness as hard as he could go..."
~Alices Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 2

Photobucket
Click to enlarge

 We are back in the WHITE heat of August with another fabulous challenge for you today! This week at Oh, Alice we are trying to BEAT that heat, and you know, they say you shouldn't wear dark colors this time of year to keep cool!  In the spirit of that, along with our WHITE Rabbit and his WHITE kid gloves, guess what our challenge is for you today? That's RIGHT. WHITE WONDERLAND. And we're not talkin' about Christmas! Your mission today, should you choose to accept it is to create (WITH the exception of your main image panel) an ALL WHITE card or project!

We have some fun news today and before we go I'd like to thank EMMA EADS for being our July Guest Tea Party member. You did an WONDERFUL job, and we are gonna miss you here on the team! Since it's the beginning of the month, we are also excited, as it's time to welcome STEPHANIE JONES as our August Guest! Stephanie is SUPER excited to be a guest at our twisted table and we are so happy to have her!

We are also THRILLED to announce a standing sponsorship today with Tickled Pink Stamps! Kellie has offered Oh, Alice a generous monthly sponsorship and we are thrilled to be able to give away such wonderful images to our awesome fans and players! Tickled Pink Stamps is offering 1 RUBBER LOLITA of choice to one lucky winner this week!

Here is my White Wonderland card. As you can see, I have gone for my signature OTT (over the top) style again! I lived in New Orleans for 25 years, so when I think of gloves and fans it brings back memories of elaborate Mardi Gras balls and the royal courts of the carnival krewes. Hence the very ornate, elaborate OTT style of this card!  

I could not resist using this image of the White Rabbit running away after he dropped his gloves and fan! I stamped it with Memento and colored it with Copic markers.


Photobucket
Click to enlarge

For my card this week, I have one thing to say: Cuttlebug! With only one color to work with, I went over the top with TEXTURE via Cuttlebug embossing folders. I also made a Waltzingmouse-style mitered ribbon border to frame the main image, although it was partly covered by punched flowers and foliage. I punched a strip with a lace border and embossed the remainder, then scored it every half inch. I punched the base of each scored section with a hole punch and ran a ribbon through to gather it up into a fan. Bling was added to the flower and butterfly centers and it was done!

Since Alice's pinafore is white and there's loads of embossing, I have entered this in
Here's some more inspiration from our twisted tea party:
Well, it's time to STOP treating these challenges with kid gloves and get crackin! You have until Friday, August 13th (our FAVORITE number!) at 8pm CST to enter your creation on the Oh, Alice! blog. Good luck!

I have to tell you, I only blog to get your comments, so please leave me some love! I can't thank my readers enough for taking the time to make this effort so much fun!

Stamp: Nature's Blessing.
Paper: Georgia Pacific - white card stock.
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black.
Miscellaneous: Ribbon; Adhesive Rhinestones.
Tools: Cuttlebug - Textile, Stylized Flowers embossing folders; Stampin' Up! - Square Lattice embossing folder; Martha Stewart Crafts - Butterfly, Branch and Foliage punches; Marvy - small and medium Daisy punches; Scalloped edge scissor.

18 comments:

  1. WOW Lynne, this is absolutley GORGEOUS! I love all the white and your image is just perfect! I love all your ribbon and your flowers and butterflies, oh and your fan. I just love everything about it! A fantastic all white card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I leave you the same comment every week. Mainly b/c you blow my mind every week. I need to email you b/c I have an idea for us to meet up if we don't have another excuse before 9/18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful and you used the rabbit! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne this is wow wow wow gorgeous! You make doing white look so easy and beautiful. the butterflies are gorgeous and i love the image you have used, stunning
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm speechless! This is over-the-top STUNNING!!! I love that fan and all the textures and layers! Beautiful job, Lynne :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne, your Alice card is stunning, like always. I love the image, love your coloring and love all your amazing details.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lynne! this is AWESOME OTT in White - LOVE it!!
    You always wow me with these Oh, Alice cards!
    :D Sammi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS... Thanks for joining in our colouring white challenge :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, love all the added details you have on this-the ribbons framing the sides are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is STUNNING love all the detail. Thanks for joinig us at 'Mad 4 Markers'.
    hugs
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow absolutely gorgeous and the white theme is so effective. Love all your added bits and the embossing. I shall have to work with white a little more. So enjoy seeing your art. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh, girl this is AMAZING. Just stunning. Your coloring is fabulous and I LOVE the fan and added butterflies and ribbon-SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way the fan from the main image is echoed in the white surroundings! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynne, I was and always very inspired by your pieces so thought I would have a go at this challenge for the first time, really enjoyed it. Thanks. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the nice comments on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, love the fan.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is stunning!!! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How pretty with all the white and wonderful details! Your stamp looks so much like the illustrations in the Alice in Wonderland book I read in gradeschool.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails