Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thanks Dad for the New GPS!!

My wonderful father happens to be a techno-junkie, so anytime he picks out a "toy" for Christmas you know it is going to be great! My new Garmin 855 widescreen has voice commands and lane assist and is my new favorite thing! I thought this Thank You collage stamp (Hero Arts) that included a key and a map was very appropriate to use on his thank you card!
Thank You Collage Card
First, I embossed the ivory background with a Fleur-de-Lis folder (Cuttlebug) and then brushed the raised areas with a Champagne Dazzle pad (Versamark). I love the subtle glimmer this gives the embossing, and the watermark ink darkens a bit also, which really enhances the pattern. I then ran a Pale Gold leafing pen (Krylon) around the edges.
Then I stamped the Thank You collage image (Hero Arts) on color laser printer paper. I colored it with Copics, and highlighted the key with a clear glitter pen (Sakura Stardust). I roughly trimmed it with a deckle scissors and then ran a brown Copic marker around the edges. This was mounted on a piece of Bravo Burgundy cardstock (Stampin' Up!) which I had punched with a Deco Shell Around-the-Page punch set (Martha Stewart). The edges were highlighted with the Pale Gold metallic pen (Krylon).
Photobucket
You can see some of the detail here. You can see a bit of the Dazzle shimmer on the background and the Stardust glitter on the key. I love it that the image has a key and a map in it - perfect for the GPS mapping system that I use in my car, which requires a key! Plus this image is very suitable for male recipients!
It needed a little punch of color, so I tied a green organza ribbon around the base before mounting the punched panel with dimensionals.
As Claire would say, hope it tickles!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous! and a man card, too! I might rethink the issue that I have about ribbon on a guys card! this looks fab and manly, too! Can't say it enough. AND manly, too! the hospitality is so great here that I became a follower. My art can't compare to yours but would love you to come take a look see. I will be back--joanne
    Oops, sorry, didn't wash my coffee cup. will you take care of that for me. I am a terrible guest at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem about the coffee cup! Stop in any time! I think the fluer-de-lis background can be regal (manly), and the dark burgundy helps too. It still needed a color pop, so I thought what the heck? and added ribbon in a nice manly green.

    Of course the collage stamp helps - bits of architecture, blueprints, map and a key - very man-friendly!

    Thanks so much for becoming a follower. I am new at blogging and sometimes it feels like I am posting to myself, LOL!!
    :-)
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails