I created my own little eye chart to make a visual representation of my computer generated sentiment. I angled it a bit to match the angle the desk is at. My only sorrow is I did not keep to that same angle when I colored the floor. I wanted to add a faux "stitched" outline after the combined image was printed, so I drew it in by hand using a ruler and a Mulitliner pen. All coloring was done with Copic markers. The background paper is one of Amber INK's digi iPaper offerings, love those dots!
And my BIG NEWS:
Most of you know I LOVE to color with any medium: Prismacolor pencils, watercolors, pastels, etc., but my true love is coloring with Copic markers! I was recently certified as a consumer instructor by Copic!!! I hope to start offering coloring classes in the Middle Georgia area on the weekends. Please contact me if you would be interested in learning coloring techniques from me. I have a fine arts and graphic design background and would love to share not only blending techinques but also how to do shading, shadows, lighting and texture. I have not gotten all the details worked out yet so your opinions would be of great interest to me!
Another lovely piece of news is that I have a birthday coming up this week and my Dad is giving me an airbrush compressor to use with my Copic markers! I am so excited - after being trained on using the airbrush in the certificaton training, I will soon have one of my own! Thanks in advance, dearest Dad!
Once I have all the kinks worked out, I hope to start traveling further afield to offer classes on the weekends. I used to teach all kinds of classes at the local scrapping and stamping store, and I have missed it so much since the owner closed it down due to illness. We all miss Anne very much!
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
- Amber INK's INKredible 21-Day Challenge: #1 - Books (I think my little dude is going to be learning to READ shortly!!!)
- Allsorts Challenge Blog: New Beginnings in honor of back to school week (Although my sentiment is not about a new beginning, I am using a "First day of School Kiddo" stamp from Amber INK)
- Crazy 4 Challenges: Book Related
- Creative Card Crew: Back to school
- Moving Along with the Times: #62 - Stitches, Real or Faux (I added my faux black stitched outline with a pen)
- Stampavie and More: #107 - School