Sunday, March 15, 2009

Message in a Bottle

Who wouldn't like to find a message in a bottle?  This image of a bottle washed up on a beach made me think of messages to and from far-away friends!


This was a fun card to make. I stamped the Peddlar's Pack Message in a Bottle image by inking it with a Versamarks and then Black dye inkpad, stamping, and then embossing with clear detail powder.

I colored the image with markers, then I went over all the glass parts of the bottle (not the cork or tie around the neck) with a VersaMarker pen, and embossed it with clear embossing powder. 

Then I stamped the MSE Innie-Outie sentiment above and below the image, colored over the area with a VersaMarker and embossed with clear detail powder. I then sponged bright Marvy dye inkpad colors in the top and bottom areas and outlined with a silver Krylon leafing pen.

I put two photos so you can see how shiny the bottle is - much cooler looking in real life! It really does have a glass-like look.

You could probably get the same effects with Diamond Glaze (Crystal Effects in Stampin' Up speak), but I am too impatient to wait for it to dry.  I also thought the chances of it drying without being "investigated" by one of the cats was slim to none!

Thanks for visiting my new blog, and I hope you'll check in again soon!

Card Details:
Stamps: Peddlar's Pack - Message in a Bottle; My Sentiments Exactly - Innie/Outie sentiment
Ink: Marvy die inkpads; Marvy markers, Silver Krylon leafing pen
Accessories: Clear detail embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. This is an outstanding card -- packed with details and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne,
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Your blog is awesome and I love the card with the bottle it is just gorgeous. Good luck!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty technique and colours.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails