Wednesday, March 18, 2009

BittyDot Sketch Challenge

This card was created for the fun "connect the dots" sketch that Papertrey Ink used to celebrate the release of their BittyDot paper. That second anniversary celebration really set a new level of superiority for blog events!  While I have a huge wish list of PTI stamps and other products, I do not actually own any. . . YET!  So instead I turned to dot-related stamps from my own collection to honor the dots theme. 


I started with SU "Dotted" background stamp using dark olive dye ink on an Old Olive background.  The white flowers were punched, then I cut between the petals towards the center and curled the petals up to give them some dimension and attached with mini black brads.  The center panel uses stamps from the SU "Be Happy" set.  The border punched panels have a punched dot in each scallop, and the dotted ribbon finished off the theme!

Polka dots of any size are fun, and I enjoyed mixing up all the different scales on this card!  What are some of your favorite polka dot creations?

Card Details:
Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Dotted, Be Happy
Ink: Marvy dye ink - Pond Green
Paper: Stampin' Up! Old Olive, black, white
Embellishments: brads, ribbon
Tools: Fiskars Threading Water border punch

3 comments:

  1. I noticed your post on Christine's Creations....did you get the rose made? It is so simple..just keep going back and forward with your ribbon....I think the tut went into more detail than it needed. If I can do it you can! I thought the grosgrain ribbon was a bit heavy - hope you have it sussed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne, Thanks for visiting my blog, glad you like my style of stamping. if you would like to join in the share the love, post the information on your blog. I'll come back and ckeck it out. I'll also need you to send me your address so I can mail you your surprise
    Thanks Lynn Stevens
    trashtotreasureart
    have fun blogging!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails