Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bella Blossom Thank You

The minute I saw this fabulous flower in the Stampin' Up! catalog, I knew I had to have it! It appeals to me in every way. So I used it on one of my Christmas thank you cards and am so pleased with how it turned out. I hope you like it too!
Photobucket - Bella Blossom Thank You Card
The card base is Bravo Burgundy (SU) trimmed with a corner rounder punch (EK Paper Shapers). I inked the blossom stamp (Bella Blossom, SU) first with VersaMark, then with two different shades of dye ink (Marvy Matchables) . This allowed me to heat emboss it with clear detail powder (Ranger) as the VersaMark slows down the drying time of the dye ink. I love this trick, which I learned from Michelle Zindorf's blog. It also makes stamp clean up a breeze, as the colored ink does not actually come into contact with the rubber. 

I used my Scor-Pal to score two lines across the bottom of the ivory flower panel. I laid a strip of Scor-Tape between the raised lines and covered it with coarse crystal glitter. I also scored a box around the flower. I used a border punch along the bottom (Loops - Martha Stewart) - my new favorite, it is so fun, and has a matching corner punch! I used a smaller corner rounder punch (EK Paper Shapers) on the top corners to tie it in with the card base.  I used a leafing pen (Pale Gold - Krylon) around the edges of the card base to make it look more finished, but it still needed something so I pulled out the buttons and ribbon!

I cut a slit in the fold of the card base with an Xacto knife, just slightly wider than the ribbon, and used a slot punch (SU) in the ivory panel to allow the ribbon to come through. Then I looped the the bright olive organza ribbon completely around the whole card front and tied it in a square knot, as I love seeing the ribbon on the inside of the card too! I ran some fine twine through the holes of a large button, tied it in a bow and adhered it to the center of the knot with a glue dot. I stamped "Thank You" from the same stamp set in white pigment ink and clear embossed that as well.  I like the vertical element it adds, running up the side of the card base. The thank you sentiment is stamped inside using white pigment ink and clear embossing to match the thank you on the card front.


Photobucket
I always like to tie the envelope into the theme, so I stamped and clear embossed the smaller bloom that comes with the stamp set to tie it all together.

Mailing Tip: The clear embossing will prevent the dye ink on the outside of the envelope from running, should it be delivered in the rain! Also, when my cards have a lot of dimension, I line the front of the envelope with a piece of cardstock, sometimes in a pretty color. I insert the card with all the 3D elements facing the cardstock lined envelope front. This helps to prevent the sorting machines from ripping it up.  Also, I stamp the back of my cards with a "Created by Lynne Phelps" custom made stamp, and this way, the first thing they see when they pull out the card is that it was handmade just for them!  Maybe that keeps it out of the trash can a bit longer - I can only hope, LOL!

I hope you enjoyed seeing this card. Thank you so much for looking, and please leave a comment, as that's what really makes blogging fun!  Please tell me about your tips for getting your embellished cards through the mail without damage! 

1 comment:

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails