Thursday, August 19, 2010

3rd Amber Ink Sneak Peek - Baby Mermaids!

Photobucket It's time for another Amber Ink sneak peek! Last month's "Can I Keep Him?!" set had a Baby Mermaid wanting to bring a baby otter home, with all kinds of sea creatures to create your own scene. The set was available in either clear or in digital stamps.

This month's release has a similar Baby Mermaid set that is full of all kinds of fun things to make your own scene. Instead of wanting to bring a pet home, the theme is focused on friendship!  These fun images will be available in the store on Friday, August 20!

Photobucket 
Click to enlarge
I grouped all my images into one file and rearranged until I was happy. These sets have all the accessories needed to build complete scenes - rocks for sitting on, coral, bubbles, fish, etc.  There is only one left and right facing fish, but I made it look like many different fish stamps by resizing each one and stretching or squeezing them slightly. See this post for more on compositing the digi stamps.

These Amber Ink images are so much fun to color! I went to town with my Copic markers, then trimmed the image, rounded the corners and sponged the edges. I used a clear Stardust Gelly Roll pen to draw scales all over the mermaid tails and added some shimmer to the hair ornament, fish and bubbles. Then I added Glossy Accents dimensional glue to those elements, plus the coral. I wish the incredible shimmer and dimension was easier to photograph - this picture gives a bit of the idea of what, in real life, is so vibrant:

Photobucket 
Click to enlarge
Next came the fabulous iPaper in the Seahorse Paisley - Earth pattern that inspired my whole color scheme! After adhering it to my card base, I  ran a couple strips of adhesive from my brand new pink ATG gun, and ruched a strip of satin ribbon down the side. Isn't that a great look? It reminds me of seaweed or coral!  Then I adhered the image, tucking it under the ruched ribbon on one side.

I also trimmed out the sentiment that comes with the set, dividing it into two parts and notching the ends. Then I colored each part with Copics to go along with the color scheme. When I adhered the sentiments to the card, I arched them out from the paper a bit to add more dimension.  I also added buttons tied with bows of fine black twine to each end of the ruched ribbon for the final touch!

I have entered this card into the following challenges:
Another angle of the completed card:

Photobucket
Click to enlarge

Be sure to check out the other August torch-bearers creations!
I hope that you enjoyed my Baby Mermaid card, as I sure enjoyed creating it for you! Be sure to check back on Friday, as we not only have the new release, but also a special announcement!  Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you!
   

26 comments:

  1. wow, wow, WOW!!! Lynne, this is amazing! I just keep looking at the way you colored those Mermaids in and I'm in AWE! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, and so clever. Perfect for the TT challenge this week. Thanks for joining us.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is absolutely gorgeous love how you have worked with the colours, that ribbon is beautiful and the image such fun made me smile, thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Whoopsie Daisy
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll add another WOW! (okay..I finally just read your "post a comment". Preview first! No wonder.)
    This card just blew ME outta the water! Absolutely gorgeous Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh Lynn this is just soooo cute. Love those darling images. How adorable. Fantastic coloring. Great job on all of these challenges. Thank you for playing along with today's Treehouse Thursday "Under The Sea" Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun image!!!! Love how you have created a whole under the water dcene, and your ribbon detail is just gorgeous! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Lynne, your card is stunning! I love how you did the ribbon and the colors looks fab. You did a great job!
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Whoopsi Daisy challenge this month. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.
    Hugs, Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do such fabulous coloring and perfect treatments....I wish I could pull off your "OTT" as well as this. WOWZERs, Lynne.....G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card! Love that dp & the sentiment is so perfect! So glad you played along with the Treehouse Stamps Thursday Under the Sea Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a detailed card, Lynne! Your colouring blows me away!! Those mermaid tails look like they are going to swish off that page. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! I love these little mermaids, first time seeing them... they're cute! Thanks for joining us at The Character Cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute!Brilliant card! Thank your for playing at the Character Cafe! Our new challenge starts today! Hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glittery fin on Mermaids is just perfect for this challenge! Thanks for joining us at TCC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, such a pretty design

    Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. O so cute!! Lovingthat mermaid with her tongue out! LOL.. All your sparkle is just gorgeous too! thanks for joining in with us for our buttons and bows challenge over at SSC.
    Hugs leonie

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Lynne, I love this! Love those mermaids, they are so adorable and I love that ribbon, it looks fantastic! A simply stunning card Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it and it really made me smile (reminded me of me sitting there concentrating with me tongue out lol).


    Thanks for joining us over at SCS Challenge.

    TracieB xx
    SCSC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lynne, you rock! Gorgeous coloring as always! Love all the texture you added to it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cuteness galore!!! Love, love how you did the ribbon! Such a great sentiment too!
    Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute image and a really beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Buttons & Bows challenge!
    Don't forget to check out our Design Team Call!!
    Dee (Spryte)
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW That ribbon is AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with The Pink Elephant!!!

    Pink Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now this is just too adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at Treehouse Thrusday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an absolutely awesome card. This image is wicked cute I love it. Colours are breath taking. I love the fancy ribbon. Thank you for joining us in this month challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. We hope to see you again next month.
    Hugs Bonnie
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fab card, Lynne. So many cool details - I love the fish, the background paper, the wavy ribbon - and my favourite thing of all is the mermaid sticking her tongue out with concentration!! So funny!!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, as your comments are what make blogging worthwhile! Click PREVIEW first, then hit POST. If you use Anonymous, please sign your name in the comment so I'll know who it was from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails